Philippine Various Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Philippine Various Community, uniting every Filipino in gaming and various topics of the forum

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
PinoyNation Clock

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 147 on Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:01 pm
Top posters
Yipee
What is the impact of Diabetes??? I_vote_lcapWhat is the impact of Diabetes??? I_voting_barWhat is the impact of Diabetes??? I_vote_rcap 
mikebasco
What is the impact of Diabetes??? I_vote_lcapWhat is the impact of Diabetes??? I_voting_barWhat is the impact of Diabetes??? I_vote_rcap 
washalentong
MaJoSa27
Takashi19
fovie
gerald0014
aeronn08
gege
chellin

What is the impact of Diabetes???

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
beam812
beam812

PinoyReputation : 5

What is the impact of Diabetes??? Empty
PostSubject: What is the impact of Diabetes???   What is the impact of Diabetes??? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 1:02 am

Over time, diabetes can lead to blindness, kidney failure, and nerve damage. These types of damage are the result of damage to small vessels, referred to as microvascular disease. Diabetes is also an important factor in accelerating the hardening and narrowing of the arteries (atherosclerosis), leading to strokes, coronary heart disease, and other large blood vessel diseases. This is referred to as macrovascular disease. Diabetes affects approximately 17 million people (about 8% of the population) in the United States. In addition, an estimated additional 12 million people in the United States have diabetes and don't even know it.
From an economic perspective, the total annual cost of diabetes in 1997 was estimated to be 98 billion dollars in the United States. The per capita cost resulting from diabetes in 1997 amounted to $10,071.00; while healthcare costs for people without diabetes incurred a per capita cost of $2,699.00. During this same year, 13.9 million days of hospital stay were attributed to diabetes, while 30.3 million physician office visits were diabetes related. Remember, these numbers reflect only the population in the United States. Globally, the statistics are staggering.

Diabetes is the third leading cause of death in the United States after heart disease and cancer Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Yipee
Yipee

PinoyReputation : 5

What is the impact of Diabetes??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is the impact of Diabetes???   What is the impact of Diabetes??? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 2:53 am

scary scary..

mahilig pa nmn ako sa sweeets..

sa america kasi puro not healthy foods kinakain nila eh..

-burger fries cola arw arw ahaha
Back to top Go down

What is the impact of Diabetes???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Philippine Various Community :: Discussion Lounge | Exchange Talks :: Health Discussions | Health Advise-
Jump to: